Sunday, September 20, 2009

YUT-C Race

I traveled across the border to Youngstown, Ohio to check out the YUT-C 50k on Saturday. Bob Combs and company put on a fine event in the heart of the city. Who would have thought that you could get a 50k on trails in the middle of an urban area. Well done guys! When I finished, they had a cold beer and hot food in my hands within minutes.

The race was well attended by Pittsburgh area runners. Michelle E. from the North Hills was first woman overall. Other finishers were Stacy K., Eric D., Kevin R., Kat B. and Todd E. Sarah Micklo and her sister Marcia also competed, both completing their first ultra's. Sarahs' husband Dave showed up at the finish line sporting his four Grand Slam belt buckles.

Rich V. was at the race, but spent the day working one of the aid stations. I can't thank the volunteers enough, as they are the soul of every race. Without them, the races just would not happen.

Next up will be the Oil Creek races in October. The YUT-C was a good training run for the Oil Creek race. There will be many Pittsburgh folks running there, I hope I can remember them all.

Let me know if you have any ultra's between now and October 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment